The Excel VBA Code Cleaner
During the process of creating VBA programs a lot of junk code builds up in your files. If you don't clean your files periodically you will begin to experience strange problems caused by this extra baggage. Cleaning a project involves exporting the contents of all its VBComponents to text files, deleting the components and then importing the components back from the text files.
Code Cleaner Features
- COM Add-In - The VBA Code Cleaner is now implemented as a COM add-in. This significantly improves the speed and stability of the program.
- Export Code Files - This feature allows you to export all the code files from a project to the directory you specify without the need to perform a project cleaning.
- Import Code Files - This feature allows you to import all code files from a specified directory into the project you select.
- Automation - All features of the code cleaner are exposed to VBA through COM automation so you can create your own applications using the code cleaner as a component.
NOTE: The VBA Code Cleaner DOES NOT support 64-bit versions of Excel. It runs in all 32-bit versions of Excel on any version of Windows.
Installation and Operation
Before installing the Code Cleaner you must set your security to trust access to Visual Basic projects.
- Excel 2010 and Later - Choose File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings. Check the checkbox labeled Trust Access to Visual Basic Project and click OK twice to finish.
- Excel 2007 - Choose Office Button > Excel Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings. Check the checkbox labeled Trust Access to Visual Basic Project and click OK twice to finish.
- Excel 2003 and Earlier - Choose Tools > Macro > Security from the Excel menu and click the Trusted Sources tab. At the bottom of this tab you'll see a checkbox labeled Trust Access to Visual Basic Project. Check this option and click OK.
The Code Cleaner creates a 'Clean Project' menu item below the Tools menu in the Visual Basic Editor. Click this menu item to run the code cleaner.
Download the Excel VBA Code Cleaner (Version 5.0.32)